Maintenance and development of systems supporting the operation of two branches of Allianz Partners UK: RSA and Travel
What was the goal of the project?
Allianz Partners UK is part of the Allianz Global Assistance Group. He is a leading B2B2C specialist and an expert in creating and delivering unique solutions that combine the world of insurance and technology. The agreement between Allianz and Altkom Software covered the maintenance and development of several systems in two different areas of the Allianz Partners UK offer – RSA (Roadside Assistance) and Travel.
Our main task was to take the initiative in the further development of systems and then develop, test and implement new functionalities. Our activities supported Allianz’s business processes and responded to the needs for continuous development of the company’s offer.
- Software engineering
Who did we help?
Allianz was founded in 1890 in Berlin and initially operated as a regional supplier of accident and transport insurance. The hard work of several generations of employees and managers has turned it into a strong player in the international insurance market. Today, Allianz operates globally, reaching customers from over 70 countries worldwide with its wide range of insurance products.
What were the biggest challenges of the project?
The project’s most difficult challenge was systems development facing the constantly growing and changing Allianz insurance offer and legal regulations. We simultaneously developed even a dozen systems responsible for various offer areas. In the area of RSA, we maintained, for example:
- the system for recording Assistance events with a policy database, enabling the registration and monitoring of Assistance services.
- the system used to settle Assistances before they are transferred to the accounting department. It allowed the processing of invoices from Agents.
- the system allowed settling replacement cars issued during repairs carried out in workshops. Used for Mercedes.
- the system used to provide Home Assistance services.
- other services – under the contract, we also maintained minor services and systems, some of which performed typically supporting functions, e.g. they enabled other systems to access dictionary data or were used to inform the client about the current status of Assistance services.
In the Travel area:
- the system that allows you to sell and manage Travel policies. It had functionalities allowing for consideration of claims under purchased policies.
- websites that allow you to submit claims via the Internet.
How did we address the challenge?
As part of the contract, we maintained and developed many components:
- Web applications – Front Office, Back Office
- Desktop applications – Back Office
- Windows Service applications
- Mobile application – Android
- Services – WebAPI, WCF
The components communicate with each other using different protocols/standards:
- MSMQ queues, IBM MQ queues
- Flat File
In addition, we integrated with many third-party services/applications:
- Trakm8 – geolocation information for technicians
- APEX RMS – the platform with tasks for Agents
- Google APIs – ETA calculation, geolocation, places
- Services of various car brands: Fiat, BMW, Mercedes
Are you looking for similar solutions?
What did our cooperation look like?
Initiative and new ideas
Preparation of proposals for several solutions in the TFS system with the valuation.
Acceptance of selected solutions
Approval of requirements and acceptance of the quote by the client.
Directing the new functionality, with all the details, to development.
Code review and manual tests
Performing manual tests, with an emphasis on functional and integration tests.
Support and monitoring
Monitoring the correct functioning of systems and responding to irregularities.
What did we achieve?
improved estimation of travel times to the event site
Improved service efficiency
allowing to easily select technicians and monitor the course of intervention.
What technologies have we used?
.NET Framework 4.x
.NET Core 2.0 WCF
.NET Core Web API
Angular CLI ASP.NET MVC
Bootstrap 3 MS SQL 2012
Lead Analyst, Business Operations & Integration Unit
Cooperation with Allianz has been developing for many years. During this time, we have worked with over a dozen systems supporting Assistance service at many stages of service implementation. Together, we introduced improvements to the existing processes, starting from the support of Call Center employees through the facilities and systems used by technicians carrying out commissioned repairs to the support of the accounting department.
Thanks to many years of knowledge of business processes and maintained systems we were a partner who actively participated in the development of the client’s business. We were the first choice when quick changes were needed to enable Allianz to obtain a new cooperation agreement, as well as in situations where new legal regulations required changes in the process and adaptation of systems to new realities.
Want to achieve similar results?